Value Added Tax (VAT)
Starting from 1st January 2018, all our products and services shall be subject to 5% value added tax in compliance with the federal Law and regulations levying and regulating the tax in the UAE. VAT is a consumption tax that the end user is obligated to pay and Living Interiors Furniture Trading will be only acting as a collection agent on behalf of the taxation authority.
Living Interiors is legally obliged to comply with this Government mandate from 1st January 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is VAT?
VAT is an indirect tax that is being introduced by the UAE Government, payable by both business and individuals.
2. When will the VAT go into effect and what will be the rates?
VAT was introduced across the UAE on January 1st, 2018 at a standard rate of 5%.
3. How will VAT apply to Living Interiors products and services?
VAT will apply to applicable products and services at a rate of 5%.
4. Is it compulsory to pay VAT?
Exceptions to VAT are only by law, and these are published by the Federal Tax Authority. There is a possibility for business owners to claim back their VAT payments, provided they have registered for VAT and meet the requirements. For further details, please visit www.tax.gov.ae
5. How can a business register for VAT and receive a Tax Registration Number (TRN)?
Businesses can register for VAT tax through the e-services section on the FTA website. For more details about VAT tax registration, please read VAT registration User Guide .
7. I am a Business owner. I have registered with the UAE Federal Tax Authority and have received my certificate and Tax Registration Number (TRN). Do I need to share this with Living Interiors?
Yes, once you receive your Tax registration number (TRN) you are required to send this to us. This is important for us to update your account details, and ensure that your TRN is reflected on our monthly tax invoice. The inclusion of your Tax Registration Number (TRN) on our bill is required for you to claim back the incurred VAT within your VAT return.
8. How can Business Customer provide Tax Registration number (TRN) to Living Interiors?
All Living Interiors customers who are entitled to recover their input VAT must officially submit their VAT registration details including Tax Registration Number (TRN) with supporting evidence to us in order to be provided with a full VAT invoice.
9. Will it be possible to issue cash receipts instead of VAT invoices?
A supplier registered or required to be registered for VAT must issue a valid VAT invoice for the supply. To be considered as a valid VAT invoice, the document must follow a specific format as mentioned in the legislation. In certain situations the supplier may be able to issue a simplified VAT invoice. The conditions for the VAT invoice and the simplified VAT invoice are mentioned in the legislation.
10. What is Living Interiors Tax Registration Number?
Our Tax Registration Number is 100370991000003.